This former Primitive Methodist Chapel of 1862 and later a tyre-fitting workshop, the building was extensively restored and is now the Town Hall, home to Selby Town Council.
Also used as a cinema and Art's Centre, it is regularly open for films, concerts, National Theatre screenings and meetings.
It was awarded a "Good design" plaque by Selby Civic Society in 1998 for restoration of a prominent building in the town.
Click on this link to see more details of the history of the Town Hall .
The Town Hall website is here