At the bottom of New Lane, Selby, where it meets Massey Street, is Selby College's "1811 Learning Centre". Constructed in that year following the raising of a public subscription by Mr William Massey and Mr James Audus, it has been a home for local education for over 200 years.
Selby College carefully restored it by removing an unsightly red brick extension, reinserting the windows that were covered up, and replacing railings that had been removed.
It was awarded a Civic Society "Good Design" plaque in 2001.
Details of the windows and the 1811 commemoration plaque can be seen in the photograph below.